Saturday, July 14, 2007

The New Face of Entrepreneurship

On Saturday July 10th I had the opportunity to be on the PAN-IIT panel "Social Entrepreneurs: The New Breed". My objective with this panel was to create mindshare for this emerging area of entrepreneurship - so it was really gratifying to see how the large hall filled up and the audience created a huge positive energy -bringing their passion for "doing well by doing good" to the Q&A part. In addition to the panel I hosted lunch tables on two days. Bottom line is I met more enthusiastic, dedicated folks in these two days than I have in any other two days in my whole life! Many people shared their stories with me. So what did I learn? I learned that it is hard to be a social entrepreneur - it involves risk-taking, passion to persist in the face of obstacles and yes ability to manage finances -Best of luck and kudos for trying! You are all winners.

No comments: